Gas cylinder explosion sparks fire at Hoige Bazar

4:01 PM, Saturday, January 9th, 2016
Share
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

Cylinder-blast
Mangaluru : A few shanties were destroyed in Hoige Bazar at a colony where Tamil families resided after a gas cylinder exploded on Friday; the families worked in the Bunder fish harbour

It is said that the cylinder was kept in a shanty along with dry fish and it was probably due to high temperature the cylinder blast; however, no one was injured in the incident.

Fire personnel from Pandeshwar rushed to the spot and doused the fire.

Sources say that the families had collected money to celebrate Pongal and lot of cash was destroyed in the fire.

Loss worth about Rs 2 lakh has been estimated.

                       

Simillar Posts

Leave a Reply