Youth dies as electrocution at a transformer in Karopady

11:02 AM, Wednesday, July 31st, 2019
Share
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

Felix-MonteiroVitla: A youth who had climbed a transformer at Mittanadka in Karopady village with the aim to fix the head fuse lost his life due to electrocution on Tuesday.

The deceased is identified as Felix Monteiro (39), a resident of Karodi in Karopady village. He is survived by his mother, two brothers and two sisters.

Felix was a contract worker of Mescom. He had cut off the line connection by himself after which he climbed the transformer. Although he had switched off the high-tension line, one of the cables was still live. The deceased failed to notice this and when he attempted to install the head fuse, he was electrocuted. The electric shock hurled the deceased on to the ground and though he was rushed to the hospital, he had already breathed his last, inform the locals.

Although Felix was a contract worker, he used to give immediate assistance to any electrical problem faced in the village. Hence, impressed by his good service, the locals had demanded in the gram sabha that he be provided with a permanent posting. A decision in this connection was also provided to Mescom.

Simillar Posts

Leave a Reply