2 centenarian shops burnt by fire at night: Loss Rs50lakhs

7:24 PM, Saturday, November 12th, 2011
Share
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

Ullal fireMangalore: Shops in Ullal catching fire is a happening news from time to time, and on Saturday early morning turn shops were gutted at a loss of only Rs.50 lakhs to the owners in Ullal.

Harish, owning a hardware store and relative Pavish, a general store owner, suffered heavy losses by continuous fire for hours form 2AM(midnight past), as it took 3 hours to control the blaze by fire brigade, having 5 engines and making 11 trips to refill water from a pond near Ullal Dargah. 30 firemen were on duty.

Only when houses caught fire, police were alerted by a passer-by. An electric pole also caught fire due to faulty wiring and MESCOM had to cut off power to save neighbourhood.

The gutted and charred shops were 100 years old.

                       

Simillar Posts

Leave a Reply