Varsity to confer ‘Honoris Causa’ award on three eminent personalities

5:30 PM, Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012
Share
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

MangaloreUniversityMangalore: Mangalore University will be conferring ‘Honoris Causa’ to three persons during the 30th annual convocation to be held on Thursday, February 23 at the Mangala Auditorium in the campus of Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri at 11 am.

Giving details about the convocation at a press meet at Ravindra Kalabhavana of University College on Feb 22, Wednesday; Vice Chancellor TC Shivashankar Murthy said Indian nuclear scientist Dr. Srikumar Banerjee, economist Govinda rao Marapalli and senior Kannada litterateur Yerya Laxminarayana Alva would receive the honorary award from Governor H R Bharadwaj.

He said the Mangalore University will also award 44 Doctor of Philosophy degrees (Arts 13, Science 26 and Commerce 5) and 17 Master of Philosophy degrees (Arts 1, Science 9 and Commerce 7). There will be 35 gold medals and 567cash prizes. In total, there are 62 ranks (P.G 44, U.G 18, Arts 12; Science and Technology 33, Commerce 9, Law 3, and P.G. Diploma 2)

The VC said out of 26, 222 candidates appeared for the examinations during 2010-11, 17,271 (65.86%) passed. As far as P.G. courses are concerned, out of 2,984 candidates appeared, 2,732 (91.56%) passed, out of 23,154 U.G students appeared 14,460 students (62.45%) passed and out of 23 P.G. Diploma candidates appeared for the examinations, 18 (78.26%) passed.

Out of 2732 PG students who passed, boys accounted for 1079 (39.49%) and the girls represented 1653 (60.51%). Similarly at the UG level, out of 14,460 candidates passed, 5170 (35.75%) were boys and the remaining 9290 (64.25%) were girls. As far as P G Diploma examinations were concerned, out of 118 candidates passed, 3 (16.67%) were boys and 15 (83.33%) were girls.

With regard to the sex-wise composition of total number of candidates passed, out of 17,271, as many as 6,288 (36.41%) were boys and the girls represented 10,983 (63.59%).

On the same day Dr Srikumar Banerjee will inaugurate Centre for Application of Radiosotopes and Radiation Technology (CARRT) in the university, he added.

Dr Chinnappa Gowda, Dept of Kannada and Prof G P Shivaram of Department of MCJ were present at the press meet.

                       

Simillar Posts

Leave a Reply