- Mega Media News English - https://megamedianews.com -

Fire mishap in shop at Hampankatta

Fire mishap Mangalore:  A shop at Hampankatta near the fish market, was damaged in a fire that broke out on April 6, Saturday night. A short circuit is said to be the cause of the fire.

The locals who gathered near the shop helped in putting out the fire. The loss has been estimated at Rs 75000.

The shop owner said they had closed the shop quite late that day and were on the way home when they were informed of the fire. Luckily there was no major damage, he said. The locals got together and controlled the fire from spreading until the fire brigade arrived and doused the fire completely. The loss is said to approximately Rs 75,000.