Isubu had life threat since last two months : Family members

1:18 AM, Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015

Maduru isubu Mangaluru : “My brother Madoor Isubu had life threat since last two months. The family had brought the issue to the notice of City Police Commissioner. He was murdered due to the negligence of the police personnel,” said Moideen, brother of Madoor Isubu who was hacked to death in Mangaluru sub jail on Monday.

He said that “My brother had informed it to his advocate as well. My sister-in-law Jaseema (Isubu’s wife) and I had met City Police Commissioner two months ago and had sought special security for my brother. Had the police taken measures, he would not have been murdered.”

“We had even complained to the senior jail officials. However, none had taken measures to provide security to my brother. He was murdered with the help of prison staff,” he accused sttaing that the sharp weapons could not be supplied inside the jail without the help of the staff. There were minor clashes going on in the prison for the last few days, he added.

City Police Commissioner S Murugan requested the family members as well as the public who had come to the mortuary where the bodies were kept, not to communalise the murder inside the prison.

The Commissioner said that DCP (crime) Dr M Sanjeev Patil will probe into the incident. All those involved in the incident will be brought to the book. The Commissioner appealed to public not to disrupt peace in the society by giving a communal angle to the murder inside the jail.
According to sources, a group of youth who were arrested in connection with a recent murder case had directly involved in the double murder inside the jail. The group had been engaged in scuffle with Isubu and his accomplice since the day they entered the jail.

The team of police are looking for those who threw sharp -edged weapons inside the jail.

Following a clash between Rasheed Malbari and Madoor Isubu on October 29, 2012, Isubu and his team were shifted to Mysuru. However, Isubu was shifted to Mangaluru, after Malbari was released on bail.

In a group clash between police personnel and undertrials, at least half a dozen police personnel including an Assistant Commissioner of Police and three undertrials suffered injuries inside the jail in Mangaluru on June 8, 2014.

The trouble had begun when police arrived at the prison to shift two undertrials from Mangaluru to Dharwad prison.

With the murder of two undertrials inside the Mangaluru jail, the security system inside the jail has been questioned. The new prison building built next to the old structure has been designed to accommodate around 220 inmates. The average number of inmates in the prison was around 380 to 430 for the last few months.

The inmates are being housed in two separate set of cells based on the community they belong to in order to prevent clashes between the groups. Closed-circuit cameras are installed in cells to monitor their movements.

As a precautionary measure, additional forces have been deployed in Madoor, the home town of Madoor Isubu, where he was laid to rest in the evening.

Dakshina Kannada Working Journalsists Association has condemned the assault on four journalists who had gone to cover the murder incident, at mortuary of District Wenlock Hospital.

Simillar Posts

    None Found

Leave a Reply