Delhi gang-rape victim admitted to Singapore’s Mount Elizabeth Hospital

10:33 AM, Thursday, December 27th, 2012
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

Delhi gang rapeNew Delhi: The 23-year-old girl, who was gang-raped and brutally tortured by a group of six people on December 16 has reached Singapore on Thursday morning and admitted to Mount Elizabeth hospital.

The plane carrying the girl landed at the Changi International Airport at 7.30 am (5 am IST), the Indian High Commission in Singapore said, confirming the girl’s arrival.

The para medical student, who has been battling for life for the past 10 days at Safdarjung hospital, was last night flown to Singapore for further treatment.

The rape victim was shifted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital, which has a state-of-the-art facility for multi-organ transplant, after doctors attending on her decided that she should be taken there for treatment that could last for several weeks.

Dr BD Athani, Medical Superintendent of the Safdarjung Hospital where the victim was rushed to after being gang-raped and brutally assaulted on December 16, said that she was given “the best of the available medical aid” during her 10-day treatment at the hospital here.

“Based on the advice of a team of doctors, the Government of India has made arrangements for the patient being shifted in a well-equipped air ambulance,” he told reporters.

“The team of doctors decided that the patient be shifted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital (in Singapore). The said hospital has the state-of-the-art facility for multi-organ transplant. The treatment might take longer,” he said.

The girl has been on ventilator support since she was admitted to Safdarjung hospital on December 16 after she was gang-raped in a moving bus in South Delhi.

The young woman, who was admitted to the Safdarjung Hospital on Dec 16, was operated upon thrice and had to have her small intestine removed due to extensive injuries following the brutal torture by the five men and a juvenile who raped her in a moving bus.

The condition of the victim remained critical even 10 days later, and doctors said she was still on ventilator. On Tuesday she gave a statement to a magistrate – for a second time following complaints of alleged police interference the first time it was recorded Dec 21.

The Home Ministry also ordered a probe into the circumstances in which the first statement was recorded following a complaint by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit. Delhi Police chief Neeraj Kumar denied charges that police had tried to influence the magistrate.



BJP - Congrats Ad    KarkashaSree                      

Simillar Posts

Leave a Reply